Connemara Gaeltacht Accommodation
Connemara (Conamara in Irish) is quite a large region, so try to plan your trip to see where would the best place be to spend the night. We’ve put together some accommodation in Galway City and the Aran Islands. You won’t hear the Irish language spoken in Galway City unless you go looking for it, but it’s a great base from which to start you travels.
- Park House Hotel is an Irish-owned and managed hotel, located in the heart of Galway city centre. All of Galway’s city’s many attractions are within walkable distance. Park House Hotel is a good starting point for touring the West of Ireland – Connemara, The Burren, Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands.
- Best Western Flannery’s Hotel is located in a quiet suburban area, just 2 km away from Galway’s city centre, suitable for business travellers or holiday makers.
- Travelodge Galway sits in a great city centre location and is suitable for business travellers and family breaks.
- The Arches Hotel is situated in a tranquil location on the river side, in the village of Claregalway, 10 km (6 miles) from Galway city centre. It took its name from the famous local bridge known as the ‘Nine Arches’.
- Petra House B&B is a family-run B&B, situated just 3 minutes walk from city centre, bus and rail stations. The hosts have a detailed knowledge of Galway City and County and can help you plan your onward trips.
- Bayberry House B&B is situated five minutes from Galway city centre, beside Sathill, the long sandy beaches, Leisureland swimming pool, and the tennis courts. It is located near the golf course, horse riding facilities.
- Abacus Guest House is located on the approach road from Dublin, Cork and Shannon, five minutes from Galway city on bus or with taxi.
- Ostán Inis Oírr (Hotel Inisheer) is the island’s only hotel. It is located just a few minutes walk from the pier and air strip.
- Ostán Oileain Árainn (Aran Islands Hotel) is located on one of Europe’s most picturesque and unspoilt environments, offering a luxurious 3 star standard hotel experience in a traditional and sympathetic style
- Ard Mhuiris B&B is situated in Kilronan on Inis Mór. It’s a family-run B&B, just five minutes from Kilronan Pier.
- Ard Einne Inn is a 3 star guesthouse, located in the on Inis Mor. All guest bedrooms in the Inn have spectacular views from their windows of the Galway and Clare coastlines. The guesthouse overlooks its own beach, nearby you will find dunes and close to us are quiet coves, pre-historic monuments and monastic sites. Ideally located to the rough cliffs plunging into the ocean and invites you for nature walks with its abundance of exotic flora, birds and wildlife.
- An Dún on Inis Meáin offers wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean, neighbouring islands and the unique unspoilt environment of Inis Meáin. It is a family run B&B, open all year, centrally located beside John Millington Synge’s museum, shop, church and at the foot of a very well preserved pre-historic fort. The atmosphere at An Dún is very relaxed with homely, friendly, flexible and professional service.
- Man of Aran Cottage and B&B offers old-world ambiance on Inis Mór. Featuring a turn of the century cottage situated on the Atlantic shore and surrounded by wild rose and saxifrage, the Man of Aran is a peaceful and romantically wind-swept retreat.